Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Craig Kelly saved by Moderates
12-03-2018, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2018 12:11 PM by Warri the Wombat.)
Craig Kelly saved by Moderates
I can't believe this. How much power does this toad wield?

Craig Kelly's preselection for THE Shire's seat of Hughes has been far from certain. He has threatened that if he doesn't get preselection again he will resign from the Liberal Party, decamp to the cross bench and run as an independent at the next election.

Scott Morrison's response has been to propose that the party override the usual preselection process and endorse all current sitting members in NSW. Local branches would all be disenfranchised.

Malcolm Turnbull spoke against the move but he has form in this area, having intervened in the past to save a number of members, including Craig Kelly. Most of them happily added their names to the call for the spill that ended his prime ministership.

Moderates have abstained from voting against Morrison's proposal, leaving Kelly free to stay in the party for another term. I hope the latest PM isn't expecting loyalty because recent history doesn't support that as a probability.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/...50jtz.html

I hope the Liberal voters of Hughes are fed up enough to vote for an independent. I doubt they will have the stomach for a Labor representative.

Behind every great woman is a man calling her unlikeable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2018, 12:33 PM
RE: Craig Kelly saved by Moderates
You're response is the same as mine! How stupid are they? They just keep sticking a bandaid on a melanoma!!

This "real Liberals" crowd, who aren't, they're Tories! ... needs to be surgically excised, not lathered in ointment and wrapped up like bloody silk worms to keep them quiet! They're condoning, in caving in to Kelly exactly what they're accusing Turnbull of doing! He said he'd resign and send them to a by election, Kelly is threatening to also rat out the Party but he's rewarded for it. wtf?? Who are these people and where are the "real" real Liberals?

Did you see that photo of Abbott supporting the drongo Kelly with a picture of Ming on his shirt and telling the world that "Craig Kelly is a real Liberal" ... well that should lose them a few thousand votes at least!

I'm a Liberal (Nats) voter and I grew up hating Menzies, but not his policies when I got to understand them better, but now I don't like them again because they're outdated, not because they're wrong, they just need adjusting.

How many people under the age of 65 would have even recognized who the hell that T-shirt picture was of at all??
Has anyone ever seen a more pathetic and desperate grandstanding gesture that the dopey thug Kelly in his T-shirt?
Supported by Captain Australia with his civvies on over his superhero budgie tights. How bloody apt! What a farce!

Couldn't find a Spiderman suit to fit you Craig? Budgie smugglers a failure? Too much fat to confuse what they're smuggling??

Save us from idiots and all who vote for them. Angry

... oh, wait. ConfusedBlush [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]

People stopped voting for Menzies decades ago! Wake up to yourselves ya drongos!

I can't believe that Scomo caved in to the blackmail. He'd have won more brownie points by booting the dickhead off the ticket and at least pretending to have some ethics.

But no. More of the same please says Scomo. Bill must be too busy laughing to even take photo ops.
12-03-2018, 12:49 PM
he won 59% to alp 40% last time.
but the fact the locals want to dump him must mean sumpin'.
12-03-2018, 06:39 PM
I'd love to see today's polls in Kelly's electorate.

He was, if I read Warri right, in an electorate with new/shifted boundaries ?? ... so maybe they just didn't know him well enough?

I think we've seen plenty of the "real" Craig Kelly over the last few days so I'd love to know if they'd still vote for him now, or in the future. I wouldn't!

How big a cold wet mullet do they need to be flogged with to wake them up??

They LOST WENTWORTH!! Their Citadel has fallen!
.... and they're still ... well, they're doing ...this! Confused

Someone, I'm loathe to think it was Bill, that every time they lose a seat they say "but that seat isn't reflective of the "real" Australia"... seriously?? Which seat is then fellas?? Just the 3 you'll have left next year?? aaaarrrrrrggghhhhh. ... damn, still not showing any signs of getting over this.

Do they honestly believe that they can hold Kelly's seat, or any of the shaky ones, by manning them with the same fleas who have been making a farce of the Party by acting like twats for so long??

They won't win short of an asteroid strike but they could at least be laying some groundwork towards a changed attitude.

Sorry, did I just say that? Changed anything is not "Party policy".

It was suggested that the Liberal Party is in it's death throes and will be gone in 10 years ... I fear that may be right.
They are going out backwards the same as the Tory Party they replaced back in the 40s did. ... and for the exact same reason!

Aussies don't like Tories.
12-03-2018, 08:05 PM
Quote:He was, if I read Warri right, in an electorate with new/shifted boundaries ?? ... so maybe they just didn't know him well enough?

A few elections ago now the boundaries of this part of Sydney shifted to the north. That meant that Hughes that was then held by Liberal female MP Danna Vale took in us far lefties from Banks, weakening the previously strong Labor seat held by Darryl Melham.

Danna Vale was retiring and Craig Kelly was preselected. He was an acolyte of Bronwyn Bishop and Tony Abbott. He won the seat. He was my MP and I came to dislike him from watching his parliamentary performances.

Two elections later the boundaries were redrawn and my locality was returned to Banks. However, Banks was now a Liberal seat. David Coleman had beaten Darryl Melham. Boundary change? Perhaps, but more likely changing demographics.

I don't think the distributions have made Hughes any less Liberal. If there is a swing against Kelly, it will be entirely his doing.

12-03-2018, 09:05 PM
Thanks for that rundown Warri, the demographic certainly is changing, a few pundits are overlooking that.
In 1950 Paddo was full of Labor voting poor, not so now.
12-03-2018, 09:07 PM
say all the ratbags get back in , -tony abbott and his gang.
So nuffin is resolved, the stabbathon would continue.
6 years bill shorten.
time for Bill to measure the curtains????Blush
12-03-2018, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2018 09:26 PM by Di Wundrin.)
I doubt that all the ratbags will survive the purge, but I suppose a few from both factions will and it will be back to chaos, only on a smaller scale.

Working on a couple of CTs.

Scores please.

1. Malcolm Turnbull is having fever dreams of starting up his own Centrist Party.

Why else would he be doing what Tony did?? Tony still thinks he's the one true King of the Liberals but Mal knows he won't be back there so what does it advantage him to stay in the limelight? Ego always plays a part but his manner and tactics seemed to have progressed beyond sour grapes. He's playing "statesman" again.

It will be interesting to see how close I am after the next election. If he starts rounding up 'moderates' thrown overboard by the electorate then maybe we'll be seeing the successor to the Liberals as the Liberals were the successors of the Tories.

2. How about if Julie Bishop does the next Bradbury and gets the Leadership of the Libs?
When the stragglers do a head count of survivors would they be likely to replace Scomo if he's still standing?
If so would they be game to give Abbott the wheel again??

She's probably one of the few who will keep her seat by more than 3 votes so ...??? maybe. She, like Malcolm looks to be hatching something other than vengeance. She's a smart cookie, and she's been showing her 'amusing' side. She was brilliant on that first Tomorrow Tonight show. Very much softer and approachable than she's been as a Minister. She can be very funny when it suits her.

She's in campaign mode and has distanced herself from both sides to great extent, also ... woman ... it didn't work for Hillary but Bishop has more skills than standing just for the female vote.

Perhaps there's a bit of collusion going on? A Mal and Julie Party?

...another wait and see.
12-03-2018, 09:44 PM
New rules for the federal Liberal Party. Snap party vote this evening - leadership spill for Liberals in office will require 2/3 majority. Under these rules Turnbull would still be PM.

Labor leader in opposition, under rules established 5 years ago, can only be moved on with 60% majority, 75% for a Labor PM.

12-03-2018, 09:53 PM
well well well.
the ghost of kevin rudd lives.
copy and paste what works eh??