Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do they keep doing this?
02-24-2019, 04:34 PM
Why do they keep doing this?
I can only assume that they do it because it works.

Jim, 72, retiree in an anti Labor election propaganda piece by Georgina Downer is identified as a former Liberal Party spin doctor.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/...50zs7.html

It is so easy for anyone to check these things, so why not take a real retiree with an axe to grind and help them with an appropriate script? Unless they cannot find one whose story will actually stand up to scrutiny.

"It's great Matt Canavan is selling Kodak cameras but the reality is the iPhone is coming"
- Matt Kean NSW Minister for Energy & Environment.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2019, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2019 04:41 PM by Di Wundrin.)
RE: Why do they keep doing this?
How is that worse than that atrocious actress pretending to be whinging Wendy the housewife who did the Labor scare ads against Howard?

Or that pathetic ham who did the "poor me, the CEO is getting more money than I am for pushing a broom" ..(paraphrased) ..."it's not faaaiirrr" she opined, very badly. She wouldn't get a job as an extra in Home and Away.

I presume you include, or rather exclude actors from political ads? But yes, silly mistake, they must know by now that big brother is watching their every move ready to nitpick.

I do recall with some smugness the ad that Labor attacked over that fake tradie talking about some issue in a Lib ad. They went to town on using this obvious phony when he turned out to be exactly who he said he was.

It's good to have a laugh at the slapstick now and then.
02-24-2019, 04:50 PM
It's not worse. The question is why do they keep doing it?
It must surely be getting rather less useful by now.
Or maybe the answer is that it isn't. It still works?

This one is new, however.

Georgina Downer recently handed over a symbolic cheque to the Yankalilla Bowling Club that was a federal grant. The cheque was substantial - $127,373.00.

This photo shows that her name is featured prominently on the cheque as if it was her money, not a grant from the public purse.

[Image: 14ihr3l.jpg]

She is not even the local member yet. Talk about brass!
If this works for her we can expect a lot more of this before every election.
I must remember this and get my application in in good time.
Heck, why not two applications, one for each major party?

"It's great Matt Canavan is selling Kodak cameras but the reality is the iPhone is coming"
- Matt Kean NSW Minister for Energy & Environment.
02-24-2019, 05:09 PM
what chance does she have of winning?
i liked that old geezer, rang true for me, the retiree tax is a great big python squeeze
on battling retirees.
last weeks poll was 51:49.
labor should be a mile in front, but scomo is a cunning rat, i doffs my akubra to him.Blush
As they said on Insiders, Labor were rattled by the poll results.
02-24-2019, 06:48 PM
I see a Hawkey move coming. Albo if the polls stay close. Anyone got a dollar to bet?
Problem is neither Shorten nor Albo are really PMish. I doubt Albo wants it but would do it for the Party.
Bill's just doin' it for himself.

Downer is a born bred politician and a S. Australian one at that. They're a tricky lot down there.

I actually like her, sure she's selling guff but she's not a lightweight in the brains department. She's certainly got the experience in how the world of politics and diplomacy works, we do need at least a few professional politicians among the popularity contest winners. The country can't run on amateur celebrities alone.

I want Amanda back! siiiiigh.

Those type of ads have limited use and can be a two edged sword. They'll be used as long as enough people still answer to the dog whistle. But that one did have a fair point.
02-24-2019, 07:44 PM
nah, nope, never. disunity is death
the way i see it all labor have to do is stick to their knitting and not slip on any banana peels.
drovers dog, tide turned...yada yada yada.
02-24-2019, 09:14 PM
Quote:the way i see it all labor have to do is stick to their knitting and not slip on any banana peels.

[Image: banana.gif][Image: banana-skipping-rope-smiley-emoticon.gif][Image: upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif][Image: big-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif] [Image: devil.gif] [Image: finger.gif] [Image: dance.gif]
02-24-2019, 11:23 PM
(02-24-2019 07:44 PM)maxhr54 Wrote:  nah, nope, never. disunity is death
the way i see it all labor have to do is stick to their knitting and not slip on any banana peels.
drovers dog, tide turned...yada yada yada.

Yep. Agree. BS appeals to Labor voters. Idea

I wouldn't have seen it with my own eyes if I hadn't believed it.
02-25-2019, 07:04 AM
53:47 latest newspoll results.
President Bill it is then....
02-25-2019, 08:00 AM
Watch this space.
"BOATs" = 51/49 . "MATES" = 53/47

We're like Pavlov's dogs, responding to buzz words then forgeting what we were cranky about by the afternoon

I reckon those poll numbers will be dancing around like pokie reels before the election comes around.

Don't forget that "Donald Trump can't possibly win the 2016 election".
All the (American) pundits were 100% certain of it.

.... pardon? Oh really? He did win? Well who'da thort? CoolBig GrinRolleyes