05-16-2019, 08:23 AM
If only I was as fit
Mick Jagger at 75.

https://twitter.com/MickJagger/status/11...9844933632
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2019, 09:10 AM
RE: If only I was as fit
Mick and Keith have proved that sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll only kill the unworthy. [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Go the Stones! luv 'em.

... the music heard from the neighbours around here is Andre Rieu and ilk, the ones upstairs drove to Pt Mac and stayed overnight at a motel down there to go see a Foster and Allen concert.

Wussy tastes in music.

I play the Stones, Leonard Cohen, Willie Nelson, and on occasion Jimmy Barnes!

What the hell happened to them? They're only a few years older than me, they grew up in the same era. Andre bloody Rieu??? seriously? How about some Vangelis at least? siiiiigh.
05-16-2019, 09:31 AM
(05-16-2019 09:10 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Mick and Keith have proved that sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll only kill the unworthy. [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Go the Stones! luv 'em.

... the music heard from the neighbours around here is Andre Rieu and ilk, the ones upstairs drove to Pt Mac and stayed overnight at a motel down there to go see a Foster and Allen concert.

Wussy tastes in music.

I play the Stones, Leonard Cohen, Willie Nelson, and on occasion Jimmy Barnes!

What the hell happened to them? They're only a few years older than me, they grew up in the same era. Andre bloody Rieu??? seriously? How about some Vangelis at least? siiiiigh.

I just booked tickets to Birds of Tokyo. Saw them as support act at another concert and thought they were pretty good. Chris liked them too.

Bit worried about the venue. It is a new one in The Valley (Brisbane's live music hub). That area isn't the safest in town. It's where people have died from one punch and a man was knifed last week.

The venue doesn't actually open till July. Had to quiz them about the seating arrangements. Majority of venue is mosh pit. Chris wouldn't mind that but at 4.5 ft he wouldn't see anything. And I wouldn't like it at all. They have organised seating.

Also, the ABBA tribute band Bjorn Again is playing at a hotel not far from us so booked that as well. Chris loves them and after hearing them so often I have learnt to appreciate them.
If they dress in costume I am sure Chris will think he is seeing the real thing. He still thinks a Queen tribute band we saw was the real thing. And they were as good as the real thing.
05-16-2019, 10:22 AM
Don't worry about the Valley, Totc70; I worked just around the corner for over twenty years, often closing the service station well after dark. Didn't get killed once !! Big Grin

The fact that opinion is widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
05-16-2019, 10:52 AM
HaHa. Not even once? Think it has changed dramatically since then. Lot of boarded up shops etc.
05-16-2019, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2019 02:35 PM by Di Wundrin.)
Some places with bad 'reps' are down to the situations people put themselves in there more than the venue.

People were getting murdered and bashed at Central station on a regular basis over the years I worked there and I never had more than a few nervous moments in that time.

I had to step over the drunk and homeless and avoid beggars and 'prospective clients' who thought any woman out after dark must be a hooker, most nights, but wasn't terrified by it. Never experienced any actual attacks. Nor did any of the other staff. Knowing what behaviours to avoid and how to defuse them is more important than where you are. You'll be fine.
05-16-2019, 03:04 PM
I'm sure I will be fine. Who in there right mind would accost an old lady and a Downs Syndrome.
05-16-2019, 03:34 PM
Thugs are looking for fights, and muggers are looking for Rolex watches, those not in 'right mind' I can't vouch for. DodgyWinkSmile