Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vale Bob Hawke.
05-16-2019, 07:54 PM
Vale Bob Hawke.
Regardless of political stance I think it's safe to say we'll all be a tad sad at the loss of Hawkey.

One of the few politicians who deserves the title "Legend."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2019, 08:12 PM
RE: Vale Bob Hawke.
Sympathy vote for labor on saturday?
05-16-2019, 08:17 PM
Quintessential Australian larrikin with a commitment to serve.
We won't see his like again. RIP Bob.

The things that are most important don't always scream the loudest - Bob Hawke
05-16-2019, 08:37 PM
We could sure do with a Hawkey today. With another Kerry Packer too. Great men both.

I've turned the ABC off, they announce Hawkeys demise, promise an obit then all we got was bloody Shallow Shorten. Not worth Hawkey's bootlace!

I'm watching a very good obit, covering 'The Silver Fox' through his political life and showing his humour as well as his feisty stubborn arrogance, and giving a very good wrap to a Labor man ... on SKY!

Respect indeed to see Michael Kroeger and other 'Righties' respecting what a truly extraordinary man he was.

He never lost an election. Keating assassinated him, Shorten style.

When Hawke left Labor so did I. It has never been a true Labor Party since Keating led it. It hasn't been any kind of Party.
05-16-2019, 08:44 PM
abc ran the obit for half and hour, after 7:30 report ended.
05-16-2019, 08:55 PM
Sorry but I've had more than enough of the ABC tonight. Sales didn't do too well on trashing Scomo, he's getting better at it by the day. He's looking more relaxed, and enjoying it all more than Bill is.

He called me tonight, Scomo. Yep. "This is Scott Morrison and I'd like to ask ... you to vote for Pat Conaghahan ..yadayada" Robocall! haven't had one before. How the hell is he finding the time to do ads for the Nats?

I'm voting for Conaghan anyway so didn't matter, just surprised me a bit.
05-16-2019, 09:08 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2019 09:21 PM by maxhr54.)
robocalls are driving people crazy.
skynews mentioned alex trumble pumped 17,000 robo calls into just one electorate (greg hunts...ha!)
I thought bob hawke was looking wobbly last time we saw him on tv.
like mucky after his operation, -he went the dark side and back again didn't he?

He was looking a lot better in that recent pic don posted.
05-16-2019, 10:19 PM
(05-16-2019 08:17 PM)Warri the Wombat Wrote:  Quintessential Australian larrikin with a commitment to serve.
We won't see his like again. RIP Bob.

Barnaby will qualify .... lots of the same qualities. Cool

The fact that opinion is widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
05-17-2019, 12:19 AM
No Don, he doesn't, and are you taking meds for that hallucination problem?? Rolleyes
05-17-2019, 07:09 AM
(05-17-2019 12:19 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  No Don, he doesn't, and are you taking meds for that hallucination problem?? Rolleyes

1. Larrakin
2. Womaniser
3. Male

IRMC Cool

The fact that opinion is widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.