Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dirty Tricks
05-18-2019, 03:38 PM
Dirty Tricks
' This carefully timed intervention in a closely fought Australian election by a prominent foreign politician is a blatant attempt to promote a damaging climate agenda ...... ' with a complicit ABC:

Al Gore weighs in on Australian election, urges Australia to ‘choose the right path’

[Image: rev-gore.jpg?dl=0]

The world has succumbed to smarmy spreadsheet magic pudding nonsense about wind and solar that simply does not add up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2019, 03:54 PM
RE: Dirty Tricks
Is that the same as Russian interference in foreign elections??

Of course not! America has been diddling about in foreign elections since the invention of the gunboat.

So relax, it's only Uncle Sam looking out for our well being. The world's policeman wouldn't send any carpetbaggers to 'liberate' us. Have a little faith. DodgyConfusedSad
05-18-2019, 05:45 PM
My mobile phone has been inundated with pleading text messages during the past 24 hours.
....all from Sco-Mo and Co.
Desperate times ?
05-18-2019, 05:50 PM
(05-18-2019 05:45 PM)terra Wrote:  [ Snip ]
Desperate times ?

Yes and about to become much worse. Angry

The world has succumbed to smarmy spreadsheet magic pudding nonsense about wind and solar that simply does not add up.
05-19-2019, 08:32 AM
(05-18-2019 05:50 PM)dbeyat45 Wrote:  
Desperate times ?

Prophetic post.

Rorting politicians are a drain on the public purse.
05-19-2019, 08:45 AM
(05-19-2019 08:32 AM)Warri the Wombat Wrote:  
(05-18-2019 05:50 PM)dbeyat45 Wrote:  
Desperate times ?

Prophetic post.

I withdraw that remark. Cool

05-19-2019, 09:06 AM
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Nevertheless, you have the gift of prophesy.

Rorting politicians are a drain on the public purse.
05-19-2019, 09:44 AM
(05-19-2019 09:06 AM)Warri the Wombat Wrote:  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Nevertheless, you have the gift of prophesy.

Your new signature indicates that Bob Hawke had it too.

The things that are most important don't always scream the loudest -
Bob Hawke

It was a triumph of pragmatism, of reality over fantasy, of bread and butter issues over impossible promises. Of logic over emotion and hubris.

Wish I could dance. I've had faith in the average Aussie's bullshit detectors restored.

"What's in it for me" wasn't pork. TC!
05-19-2019, 01:14 PM
(05-19-2019 09:44 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  
(05-19-2019 09:06 AM)Warri the Wombat Wrote:  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Nevertheless, you have the gift of prophesy.

Your new signature indicates that Bob Hawke had it too.

The things that are most important don't always scream the loudest -
Bob Hawke

It was a triumph of pragmatism, of reality over fantasy, of bread and butter issues over impossible promises. Of logic over emotion and hubris.

Wish I could dance. I've had faith in the average Aussie's bullshit detectors restored.

"What's in it for me" wasn't pork. TC!

Bob Hawke was a good PM BECAUSE he was pragmatic and logical. He never succumbed to fantasy and always did cost/benefit analysis. Would have been nice if he had taken us through the last 10 years.
05-19-2019, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2019 02:07 PM by Di Wundrin.)
There is delicious irony in this result that pertains to Labor's mistake in changing Hawke's recipe.
Keating trashed that by starting the roll into fringe issues and PC trendiness.

That his stupendous blunder over supporting his own vested interests in giving China more scope to invade our trade and business dealings was one of the things that scared the horses is a pure delight.

Labor's past, and the Liberal's past, holds far more power in the collective memory than was or is being given credit.

Labor lost of the older vote not only on the grab of retiree nesteggs, not all have them to lose.
From what I'm hearing, and what has crossed my own mind, the comparisons of glories past with Shorten's idea of glories future clashed raucously!!

Very few Rightie callers have voted Liberal all their adult lives. Amazingly few.

Most are like me, Totty, Cuz and a few other acquaintances who were staunchly Labor until roughly the same time. The time Keating rolled Hawke and the few years of Keating's term.

We were made nervous by Gough, but reassured by Bob, but Keating killed it. We couldn't compare Keatings Labor with Bob's but we didn't forget the stuffups of Gough either.

Those past judgements are still trotted out as measuring sticks and Bill's bull fell between Keating and Gough, it didn't come close to Bob.

To see that phony poser comparing his policies with Gough's was an alarm bell, but the hide of him to grab Bob's coat tails too was a step over the cliff. No Bill, Hawkey you ain't. Someone this morning remembered what Hawke had said about Shorten "he won't amount to much." Right again.

They can autopsy the results based on policies and tactics but they should take their (respective) Party histories into account too as they are judged on those who preceded them.