Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
chris richardson on work
06-12-2019, 02:42 PM
chris richardson on work
fascinating critique of job myths by Chris richardson at the press club today.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2019, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2019 07:16 PM by maxhr54.)
RE: chris richardson on work
6 out of 7 jobs of the future will be 'knowledge skills'
the drum is calling these 'jobs of the heart'
what???
Blush
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-ne...oitte-says
06-12-2019, 07:45 PM
Deloitte’s Chris Richardson will dispel the myths about robots, work, casual jobs, skills & more. Chris will explain that the future isn’t scary, but it is misunderstood. Deloitte’s ground-breaking research tells us how human skills are hugely under supplied and as a result – skills, rather than occupations or qualifications – are the job currency of the future. These trends in job markets aren’t alarming, they’re liberating, as the boring, repetitive work will be done by robots, leaving the more challenging and interesting work for humans. Deloitte takes a different look at the future of work and explores how what we do at work is changing, as are the skills we need to succeed. This presents an opportunity for business and government to make better choices about our work, our workers, and our workplaces to pave the path to prosperity for all Australians.

This is very well and good but does it create anything tangible of value?
Is wealth created unless you make things?
Are ideas a new commodity?

Just asking ... need enlightenment.

Warri .... HELP!

I think my neighbor is stalking me as she's been googling my name on her computer. I saw it through my telescope last night.
06-12-2019, 09:17 PM
Is that what they were rabbiting about on the Drum? I only half heard it, getting some tea ready.

Jobs of the heart? wtf? He thinks people like parking cops will develop hearts and people with bureaucratic titles won't build themselves empire and act like the Gestapo to people needing them to okay a form??

Gimme the robots!
06-13-2019, 08:58 AM
Jobs of the heart? Jobs of the brain?
What about the poor people who can't do those jobs?

There has been an erosion of manual jobs for decades with the result being those incapable of or disinclined towards "white collar" jobs have been left on the scrap heap.

Service jobs require a particular personality. They need to be "people oriented". Not everyone is like that.

And "supervisor" jobs require the ability to think of dozens of things at a time, and ability to quickly switch from one issue to another. How many people are capable of that. Even many intelligent and educated people can't do that.

We need to reconsider putting square pegs in the round holes.

A square peg in a round hole results in stress, anxiety, depression and other mental disorders.
Maybe that's one reason why mental illness is on the rise.