Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Big Brothers & Sisters in Iran
06-13-2019, 05:41 PM
Big Brothers & Sisters in Iran
Iranians can soon turn others in for ‘moral crimes’ by texting authorities

Iran is to launch a text-messaging service to allow self-appointed guardians of morality in Tehran to turn in their neighbours or strangers for violating murky codes of public conduct, officials have said.

Iran’s judiciary has provided residents of the capital with a service to report “crimes against morality and public chastity” by text, according to the official Mizan news agency.

Meanwhile an interior ministry official, responding to public demands by hardliners, said Tehran’s police planned to provide a service to allow residents to inform the police on those they deem insufficiently obedient to public morality rules imposed by the country’s fundamentalist clergy.
“People would like to report those breaking the norms but they don’t know how,” Mohammad Mehdi Haj-Mohammadi, a judiciary spokesman, told Mizan. “We decided to accelerate dealing with instances of public immoral acts.”

Mizan, the official news platform for Iran’s judiciary, said the messaging service could be used for those to turn in women removing their Islamic headscarves in their vehicles, hosting mixed-gender parties, drinking alcohol, or posting anything “immoral” to social media.

I think my neighbor is stalking me as she's been googling my name on her computer. I saw it through my telescope last night.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2019, 06:11 PM
RE: Big Brothers & Sisters in Iran
Sounds like a fun place.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply