Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Dire" wolf was real.
06-15-2019, 12:39 AM
"Dire" wolf was real.
I always take 'finds' in Siberia with a grain of salt but this seems to be factual
https://www.cnet.com/news/40000-year-old...n-siberia/

One at least of the headlines about it states that it was found, after being frozen for 40,000 years ....wait for it ... "because of climate change."

Yep, the rising temps have melted the ice.
But there's not much chance that it burrowed in under permafrost just to leave it's head frozen, so it's pretty obvious that the tundra wasn't all that solid 40,000 years ago. It, like the mammoth they found with the grass it was chewing still in it's mouth, was frozen at the start of the last ice age.

Grass doesn't grow in ice so where the mammoth was must have been 'snap frozen' by the jet stream dropping, causing a very sudden onset ice age.

These things are thawing now because we're in the warm cycle between the more common ice ages.

As some scientist said the other day ... the current Earth climate is as good as it ever gets. It's not Earths 'normal' climate, but as good as it gets as it shifts between warm and cool cycles.

But never mind, that was one big wolf!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2019, 07:05 AM
RE: "Dire" wolf was real.
climate change .
resistance is futile
you will be assimilated.Blush

crikey how good is that wolf.
how big was it supposed to be?

[Image: phone-shock-smiley-emoticon.gif]
06-15-2019, 08:44 AM
[Image: LeifSvalgaard_LongTerm_Graphs.JPG?dl=0]

I think my neighbor is stalking me as she's been googling my name on her computer. I saw it through my telescope last night.
06-15-2019, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2019 09:37 AM by Di Wundrin.)
(06-15-2019 07:05 AM)maxhr54 Wrote:  climate change .
resistance is futile
you will be assimilated.Blush

crikey how good is that wolf.
how big was it supposed to be?

I think they've sent it to Sweden to do a mock up of it full size, it must be almost twice the size of current wolves, and they're not small!

Imagine how many cans of Pal it would take to keep one that size fed?

PS ... how long before the Kooris claim it as the ancestral family pet? They've been here longer than it's been frozen. ... no, better not go there.

Odd how it's just the head, makes you wonder what ate the rest of it! Confused