Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Restaurant owner's complaint
06-15-2019, 10:29 AM
Restaurant owner's complaint
I just read a very bitter post on Twitter from an owner of a restaurant. He blames the policies of the federal government for lack of customers. This is what he posted. The link to the post and replies is below it.

Quote:My wife and I sat in our empty restaurant for an hour tonight. It’s pretty depressing. This time last year and years past we were half to 3/4 full. We have employees that need dollars to survive and we just don’t have the work for them. What say you @MathiasCormann ?

You idiots have totally fucked me as a business. You have suppressed wages so young families can’t afford to dine out and now with interest rates at record lows those depending on interest returns are fucked too. You are shit. You’ve fucked the economy. Get fucked!

Yet...you fucking idiots got a fucking pay rise! Seriously??? Fuck you!

https://twitter.com/kackles74/status/113...9305882624

It seems that Frydenberg's assertion that surplus is more important than stimulus has really upset this man and quite a few others.

Bugger that! - Robert James Lee Hawke
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2019, 11:17 AM
RE: Restaurant owner's complaint
Blaming anyone but himself?

I think my neighbor is stalking me as she's been googling my name on her computer. I saw it through my telescope last night.
06-15-2019, 06:40 PM
That's the name of the game lately isn't it?
06-15-2019, 06:55 PM
what are the odds of there even being a surplus?
buckleys or nil?
we are scraping along the bottom , recession looming.
06-15-2019, 07:26 PM
I honestly can't remember the last time I ate out in a flash restaurant.
The local pubs bistro or the cheap eats at Mittagong RSL is the best I can afford.
No......I'm not whinging, just telling it as I see it from my end.
.....and no, I dont feel disadvantaged, quite happy with my lot 'cos I live within my means.
06-15-2019, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2019 08:53 PM by maxhr54.)
mittagong RSL?
luxury!
i'm still working my way thru supply of baked beans accumulated during bin chicken training.....Blush
06-15-2019, 08:23 PM
[Image: 1zqqyqf.jpg]
06-15-2019, 09:18 PM
A man after my own heart Tezza. I've never been comfortable with eating pricey meals. I've had a few memorable ones but only one was in a flash restaurant. French. mmm but not something you'd need to eat often.

Nothing wrong with RSLs and pubs either, they were my stamping grounds too.
Never could see the sense in paying a lot for something that I could eat at home any time.
Like paying 28 bucks for a 5 dollar bit of fish and some salad and $11 for a slice of thawed pecan pie with 20 cents worth of cream on it. Only went there once!
06-15-2019, 10:01 PM
(06-15-2019 06:55 PM)maxhr54 Wrote:  what are the odds of there even being a surplus?
buckleys or nil?
we are scraping along the bottom , recession looming.

Which paper do you currently write for, Max? Tongue

I think my neighbor is stalking me as she's been googling my name on her computer. I saw it through my telescope last night.
06-15-2019, 10:02 PM
(06-15-2019 07:26 PM)terra Wrote:  I honestly can't remember the last time I ate out in a flash restaurant.
The local pubs bistro or the cheap eats at Mittagong RSL is the best I can afford.
No......I'm not whinging, just telling it as I see it from my end.
.....and no, I dont feel disadvantaged, quite happy with my lot 'cos I live within my means.

It's a dying art, Terra. Confused