Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Archaeology thread
07-11-2019, 09:37 AM
The Archaeology thread
Archaeologists are, for the first time, discovering the probable origins of ancient Greece.

Excavations on a tiny island in the Aegean Sea – 125 miles southeast of Athens – are revealing the earliest truly monumental complex of buildings ever unearthed anywhere in the Greek world.

Dating back 4,600 years, the site may also have been part of the inspiration for a key aspect of Greek religion – the idea that mountain tops were the dwelling places of the gods.

More here:
Giant marble pyramid-shaped island complex rising from sea uncovered, revealing secrets of ancient Greece’s origins

At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. - P J O'Rourke
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2019, 10:16 AM
RE: The Archaeology thread
I thought that was going to be an explanation of why Greece voted the Conservatives back in. [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Funny that the Left are always puzzled when people decide they've had enough of all the bleeding heart gender and race card playing and economic dice game and go back Right to take a break from it all.
07-11-2019, 10:48 AM
(07-11-2019 10:16 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  I thought that was going to be an explanation of why Greece voted the Conservatives back in. [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Funny that the Left are always puzzled when people decide they've had enough of all the bleeding heart gender and race card playing and economic dice game and go back Right to take a break from it all.

I don't like to disappoint:

Outsiders on Greece

At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. - P J O'Rourke
07-11-2019, 02:06 PM
I watched that, bit more action than Insiders eh? [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]

...though, they probably had their dancing shoes packed before the election.