Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Slavery Facts
07-11-2019, 10:13 AM
Slavery Facts
Some Facts About Slavery

[Image: SlaveryFacts.jpg?ssl=1]

At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. - P J O'Rourke
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2019, 11:13 AM
RE: Slavery Facts
Some contentious claims in that one! I've posted the link to get the Yanks' reaction.
My dollar is on exploding heads. They're fairly into the guilt trip over slavery.

Heard some more about the 'wage slavery' of Kooris who were never paid their wages. That does really amount to slavery, no chains required. They were 'paid' less than whites to start with, but then their money was 'held' by the State government presumably for their own good, but never passed on to them.

Regardless of the "they'd have only spent it on booze" it was still their wages. So I have to side with them on that one.
On a few things really, but nowhere near all of it.
I sense the hairy hand of Winston Peters in these Koori moves lately. They seem to be coming up with different 'historical proofs' by the day and keep chanting for a Treaty which is what's up in NZ.

The "Voice" in parliament is a very greasy slope. Peters osensibly runs NZ. No matter which government is in he gets the say in what flies and what doesn't. The Maori pull all manner of titles and cards to get things how they want them and their tactics are being seen in train here.

Koori are 2% of the population at best, although they seem to be growing in number much faster than they could breed so that is a flexible figure. It is however less than Chinese ethnic population so this claim of being "First Nation"... which they never were ... is a ploy to get special rights for a minority based on race and isn't that what the Left are trying to stamp out?

confusing... very confusing.
07-11-2019, 05:28 PM
Snopes apparently has checked those facts and they are a 'mixture' but mostly correct.

At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. - P J O'Rourke
07-11-2019, 09:26 PM
I don't think that some of those items were a secret. African slaves were captured by more powerful tribes, sold to Arab traders who on-sold them to British ships.

I don't know where the idea came from that only Europeans kept and traded in slaves. Slavery was endemic in the entire world up to about the 18th century. It exists still but is less open.

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and your nose runs."
07-11-2019, 09:49 PM
(07-11-2019 09:26 PM)Warri the Wombat Wrote:  I don't think that some of those items were a secret. African slaves were captured by more powerful tribes, sold to Arab traders who on-sold them to British ships.

I don't know where the idea came from that only Europeans kept and traded in slaves. Slavery was endemic in the entire world up to about the 18th century. It exists still but is less open.

The Democrats seem to think it was only whites.

07-12-2019, 08:07 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2019 08:09 AM by Warri the Wombat.)
Not just Democrats. Americans as a whole are not well educated in ancient history. Perhaps they think slavery ended with the Moses.

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and your nose runs."
07-12-2019, 02:08 PM
I was always under the impression that marriage was a form of slavery. It used to fit the criteria, for women anyway.