Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bad timing?
07-11-2019, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2019 05:45 PM by Warri the Wombat.)
Bad timing?
With all of the problems Donald Trump is coping with at the moment, including distancing himself from Geoffrey Epstein and underage girls, does he really need this event at one of his golf resorts?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...801b1f9bf7

Well. That didn't last long. It's off.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/10/polit...index.html

Quote:Washington (CNN) — The Trump Organization's golf resort in Doral, Florida, will no longer host a charity golf tournament this week put on by a strip club in the Miami area because the charity has pulled out of the event, according to the Trump Organization.

On average, Madame Curie and I have one Nobel prize each.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2019, 06:22 PM
RE: Bad timing?
The gold resort is in the business of hosting events, sorry but I can't see where it's anybody's business to impose their judgement on what is considered to be acceptable and what not. Would they withdraw from hosting a Christian charity event because some atheists objected to having their golf game interrupted by wandering preachers?

When is a business autonomous in who it does business when and when is it under the jurisdiction of virtue merchants??

When do they propose to close down Las Vegas??
07-11-2019, 07:07 PM
did they ever get to the bottom of trumps visit to Russia?
hookers were involved or sumpin?
07-11-2019, 07:39 PM
This pic courtesy of our mate Gordon !

[Image: 143l6aa.jpg]
07-11-2019, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2019 08:27 PM by Warri the Wombat.)
Good one Terra.

Di, it is a good thing you did not make a career of public relations.
You seem to have a low understanding of public opinion and its connection to business success.
(07-11-2019 07:07 PM)maxhr54 Wrote:  did they ever get to the bottom of trumps visit to Russia?

I don't think Mueller's brief covered this.

07-11-2019, 09:12 PM
(07-11-2019 08:26 PM)Warri the Wombat Wrote:  Good one Terra.

Di, it is a good thing you did not make a career of public relations.
You seem to have a low understanding of public opinion and its connection to business success.
(07-11-2019 07:07 PM)maxhr54 Wrote:  did they ever get to the bottom of trumps visit to Russia?

I don't think Mueller's brief covered this.

This one?

[Image: MuellerNothingBurger.png?dl=0]

The world has succumbed to smarmy spreadsheet magic pudding nonsense about wind and solar that simply does not add up.
07-11-2019, 11:40 PM
The point is Warri that confected trends in societal outrage from minorities shouldn't be controlling business decisions the way it does. What you refer to is marketing, that's the norm. But lately decisions are made on moral and emotional reactions and that's not good business practice.

This is why the economy is such a dogs breakfast, business confidence is gorrrrn. They're making snap decisions based on the outrage of the day. They're trying to please everyone and since the Twitter age befell us that's all too evident in both business and government.
07-12-2019, 07:58 AM
(07-11-2019 11:40 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  The point is Warri that confected trends in societal outrage from minorities shouldn't be controlling business decisions the way it does. What you refer to is marketing, that's the norm. But lately decisions are made on moral and emotional reactions and that's not good business practice.

This is why the economy is such a dogs breakfast, business confidence is gorrrrn. They're making snap decisions based on the outrage of the day. They're trying to please everyone and since the Twitter age befell us that's all too evident in both business and government.

Hear hear with bells on !!

The world has succumbed to smarmy spreadsheet magic pudding nonsense about wind and solar that simply does not add up.
07-12-2019, 08:04 AM
Perhaps business moguls should not aspire to be national leaders. It always throws up issues of conflict of interest.

When they do, they are usually required to divest themselves of control of their businesses by means of a blind trust. Turnbull did this, Donald Trump has not.

His golf resorts are problematic since he spends so much time at them, roughly one third of the time he has been in office. Not just him either; his massive security detail goes with him and their costs are billed to the government, including their accommodation at his properties.

For this reason alone there are eyes on his hotels and golf resorts. It doesn't help that there is a whiff of Berlusconi about him. You cannot really expect the news media not to be keenly interested in what goes on there especially when Epstein is also in the news. Trump is trying to distance himself from this slime ball but accounts from the past of a party involving 48 calendar models and two male guests, Epstein and Trump, are resurfacing right now. This is what I meant by bad timing. No wonder everyone is ducking for cover, including the charity that stood to benefit from the latest event involving strippers at on of Trump's Florida golf resorts.

I too would like him not to be constantly chased by scandal of various kinds because I worry that this volatile president might just start a new war as a diversion. So far he has only attacked the UK Ambassador to Washington.

07-12-2019, 08:36 AM
I too would like him not to be constantly chased by scandal of various kinds because I worry that this volatile president might just start a new war as a diversion. So far he has only attacked the UK Ambassador to Washington.

Here's an idea: Wag the Dog