Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
American Soviet Mentality
06-18-2020, 05:41 PM
American Soviet Mentality
Worth taking the time to read. A good analysis. Doesn't just apply to America.

Russians are fond of quoting Sergei Dovlatov, a dissident Soviet writer who emigrated to the United States in 1979: “We continuously curse Comrade Stalin, and, naturally, with good reason. And yet I want to ask: who wrote four million denunciations?” It wasn’t the fearsome heads of Soviet secret police who did that, he said. It was ordinary people.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/...-mentality
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2020, 06:53 PM
RE: American Soviet Mentality
Quote:And yet I want to ask: who wrote four million denunciations?” It wasn’t the fearsome heads of Soviet secret police who did that, he said. It was ordinary people.

True, but also very sad. Confused

"When your opponent is destroying himself, don't interrupt him." Napoleon
06-18-2020, 10:22 PM
True and sad, yes, and not confined to any era.

It was the villagers, neighbours and family members who denounced the 'witches' of Salem and the heretics of the Spanish Inquisition. The heirarchy of the Churches ordered them burned or drowned, but only after their own people had chosen to denounce them!

It was the heirarchy of the Churches, both 'factions' of Christianity, who encouraged the congregation to destroy their own peers, but it was the people at the 'bottom' who actually caused the deaths of those they 'nominated'.

This periodical lapse into insanity isn't exclusive to politics, or to religious zealotry, it is though connected to human nature at it's worst.

There is a very savage trait in the human psyche that causes these mob mentality self destructive tantrums. and we are still suckers for those who understand it's workings and profit from it.

All it takes is to convince some among us that we deserve better, and that others are stopping us from having it, blame is focused and torches and pitch forks are whipped out and it's on!

The "cause" at issue varies, but the instinctive reaction of #MeToo/#Where'smine/#PoorMe /#AllYourFault/#HolierThanThou can be relied upon every time.

Perhaps the recognition of that particular ploy in manipulation would be better taught in school than the divisive pandering to that very manipulation under the 'anti' prefix.
Schools are teaching kids to reinforce that instinctive 'tribal hate' instinct by pointing at those "less virtuously aligned' with the cause of the day.

The very teachers who are so up themselves over being 'woke/tolerant' are really serving the agenda of those who want to divide and conquer the traditional systems and culture.

But trying to make them see that simply gets one burned at the stake.
06-19-2020, 10:28 AM
An example of what the analysis is talking about.

No one is allowed an alternative opinion. And definitely not allowed to express it.

His letter was very considered and true to his faith.

https://newbostonpost.com/2020/06/17/m-i...rge-floyd/

And this is the letter he wrote.

https://twitter.com/ZaiZai_21/status/126...76/photo/1

I am becoming more and more relieved I am getting towards the end of my life.
06-19-2020, 12:33 PM
I'm hearing that more and more every day Totty.

I recall back when we thought we'd all be snuffed by nuclear warfare there was a term going around.
"..and the living shall envy the dead." Now it seems the young will envy the old. We've had our go and weren't we lucky to have lived in possibly/probably the best era in human history.

The great pity of it all is that the young seem not to appreciate just how good it really is. They want "more."

More of what?
06-19-2020, 12:43 PM
But its their generation and they are smarter than we may appreciate.
06-19-2020, 12:49 PM
I'm not seeing any signs of it Dookie. Just because they know which button does what on their smartphones doesn't mean they can build a smartphone.

And just because they carry signs with slogans on them doesn't mean that they understand the politics involved in what they're supporting.
06-19-2020, 01:07 PM
(06-19-2020 12:49 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  I'm not seeing any signs of it Dookie. Just because they know which button does what on their smartphones doesn't mean they can build a smartphone.

And just because they carry signs with slogans on them doesn't mean that they understand the politics involved in what they're supporting.

I don't see any signs of it either. They might have attended more schooling but they haven't learnt to think nor analyse. Logic is beyond them.

Note, I said attended more schooling rather than have more education. Big difference between the two.
06-19-2020, 02:06 PM
(06-19-2020 12:43 PM)mucky Wrote:  But its their generation and they are smarter than we may appreciate.

[Image: Revolution.jpg?dl=0]

Now I’ve finished my astrology degree, who knows what the future holds?