Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jobseeker USA
06-25-2020, 10:26 AM
Jobseeker USA
The US equivalent of jobseeker ends on july 31.
It is an extra $600 per week (the standard amount is $378).

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/23/millions...-ends.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2020, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2020 11:40 AM by Di Wundrin.)
RE: Jobseeker USA
Will only black lives matter when they're all in the same boat then? Or will they just keep looting stores to make ends meet? They're a 'can do' Nation right?

"We ain't seen nuthin' yet!"

Judging by the behaviour in most populations I don't think the full realisation has sunk in yet that we are in a whole new world.
Most seem to be impatiently marking time and tapping a foot waiting for the return to 'normal'.

Whether they're ignorant of what's coming, or refusing to think about it is hard to tell, but many don't think beyond how much welfare will I get! Where do they think that's coming from, and who do they think will be funding them?

They're judging governments based on the state of play in that 'lost' world. They're not the same rules in this one. The game has changed. Moves are restricted now, scores are much lower, players are more competitive, the recession hasn't begun to bite yet.

When it does, and it will, then we'll see what people are made of. When they can't afford to feed themselves let alone pay phone bills, and have to live with real problems that can't be solved by Twitter, and find that confected virtues are no longer currency, ... well, pick how you think it will go.

I'm pretty sure it's not going to initiate a surge of sweetness light and togetherness though.
06-25-2020, 11:44 AM
The solution for everything there is guns and ammo. Blush
soon as covid 19 hit there were queues at the gun stores....
06-25-2020, 11:46 AM
"Mad Max" then?
06-25-2020, 11:53 AM
From a friend in Louisiana: Confused

I remain surprised that people think things are just going to bounce back with few repercussions. You don't shut down 35% of the worlds' economy overnight, put tens of millions millions out of work, incur trillions in debt to provide aid, and then just wave a wand and make everything OK in a few months. There's going to be economic hell to pay for a decade, and the world will be a different place when it is over. Those who decided that choking the economy near to death was the lesser of two evils will have a lot to answer for as the economic upheaval wrought by that decision unfolds. It's why I left NOLA for the country. The cities are already ugly, and are going to get worse.

Now I’ve finished my astrology degree, who knows what the future holds?
06-25-2020, 01:04 PM
It's not just me then?

I'm convinced that leaving Sydney was the best decision I ever made. I've never had a single regret about that. But then, I was never really a city girl at heart. Just happened to be born in one. dammit.
06-25-2020, 03:29 PM
Because we had a bumper year, as most nurseries did, I was concerned what my tax bill would be.

Found out production nurseries are eligible for the Farm Management Deposit Scheme.
Basically it means primary producers who have a good year can deduct income from that year and put it into a management account.

Has to stay in for at least 12 months then can be drawn out or rolled over if not needed.

Do not pay tax on it in the year it is earned but do pay tax on it the year it is drawn out.

The idea is to provide a system for primary producers to level out their income so it is not boom then bust.

This year was such an outlier to normal years no one knows what will happen next year.
06-25-2020, 03:46 PM
Sounds like a reasonable concession for some industries.

It’s amazing how somehow this fundamental human rights issue has become about statues.
The statues, and I cannot emphasise this enough, do not care. Jon Kudelka
06-25-2020, 05:15 PM
(06-25-2020 11:44 AM)maxhr54 Wrote:  The solution for everything there is guns and ammo. Blush

.....and toilet paper too !
Still scratching my head why ?
of all the things that people would panic buy, dunny rolls still top that list.
06-25-2020, 05:57 PM
(06-25-2020 05:15 PM)terra Wrote:  
(06-25-2020 11:44 AM)maxhr54 Wrote:  The solution for everything there is guns and ammo. Blush

.....and toilet paper too !
Still scratching my head why ?
of all the things that people would panic buy, dunny rolls still top that list.

Don't worry. Should they run out, there are still thousands of copies of Malcolm Turnbull's books in book stores.

Now I’ve finished my astrology degree, who knows what the future holds?