Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Palace letters to be released soon
07-09-2020, 04:45 PM
Palace letters to be released soon
Should be a fascinating read.

Quote:Palace letters: Queen's secret correspondence surrounding Gough Whitlam's dismissal to be released on 14 July

Previously secret correspondence between the Queen and former Australian governor general Sir John Kerr surrounding the dismissal of Gough Whitlam will be released in full on Tuesday morning, Australia’s national archives has confirmed.

The decision will guarantee the public will be able to access the entirety of the so-called palace letters, a series of more than 200 exchanges between the Queen, her private secretary and Kerr, the then-governor general, in the lead-up to the 1975 dismissal of Whitlam, the then-Australian prime minister.

"When your opponent is destroying himself, don't interrupt him." Napoleon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2020, 04:59 PM
RE: Palace letters to be released soon
I predict it will be as boring as batshit.
"my husband and i are concerned for the stability of the australian government and are unamused"...yada yada yada.
People expecting a donald trump style tweet will be disappointed....Blush
07-09-2020, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2020 05:28 PM by Di Wundrin.)
RE: Palace letters to be released soon
Ha ha, yes I expect it will disappoint today's tastes. [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]

But you can bet the Lefty journos will find something to be scandalously outraged over.

I don't think they ever quite got over Gough's demise, they're sulky losers.