Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NYT bias
07-15-2020, 09:07 AM
NYT bias
A resignation letter. Explains clearly why you don't trust the media.

https://www.bariweiss.com/resignation-letter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2020, 09:55 AM
RE: NYT bias
Quote: Instead, a new consensus has emerged in the press, but perhaps especially at this paper: that truth isn’t a process of collective discovery, but an orthodoxy already known to an enlightened few whose job is to inform everyone else.

Twitter is not on the masthead of The New York Times. But Twitter has become its ultimate editor. As the ethics and mores of that platform have become those of the paper, the paper itself has increasingly become a kind of performance space. Stories are chosen and told in a way to satisfy the narrowest of audiences, rather than to allow a curious public to read about the world and then draw their own conclusions. I was always taught that journalists were charged with writing the first rough draft of history. Now, history itself is one more ephemeral thing molded to fit the needs of a predetermined narrative.

Says it all doesn't it? Unfortunately that same attitude also holds sway in the Universities which are turning out pre processed thought bubble graduates to feed the ranks of robotic group thinkers.

Welcome to Hive World.
07-15-2020, 09:50 PM
RE: NYT bias
(07-15-2020 09:55 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  [ Snip ]
Welcome to Hive World.

Hive know that for some time.

Now I’ve finished my astrology degree, who knows what the future holds?