Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Q, QAnon and the pandemic
07-26-2020, 12:25 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2020 09:56 PM by Warri the Wombat.)
Q, QAnon and the pandemic
I listen to the radio while having a bath. Today I heard a BBC program providing background to the phenomenon known as QAnon.

Worth listening to to understand the thinking of this bizarre cult that has only surfaced a couple of years ago.

Link here if interested.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/w3cszvs0

Quote:Trailer

QAnon claims that the president is secretly fighting a cabal of high-placed paedophiles in Hollywood and the so-called “deep state”. But why has it had an apparent surge in popularity during the global pandemic?

Since it first emerged in an anonymous post on an online message board in 2017, QAnon has developed into a movement which is now making inroads into the American political psyche.

However, many families of QAnon followers feel they have lost their relatives to a dangerous cult. Several people have been arrested plotting attacks while seemingly under the influence of the conspiracy theory.

This week Twitter banned thousands of QAnon-themed accounts, but it’s likely that at least one adherent will enter the US Congress after elections in November.

What role might this strange belief system play in US politics?

"When your opponent is destroying himself, don't interrupt him." Napoleon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2020, 07:56 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2020 07:59 PM by Di Wundrin.)
RE: Q, QAnon and the pandemic
Well that was an educational post. I'd heard of, but wasn't alerted enough to research QAnon.

I just did so and a few puzzle pieces have been filled in.

Seems that oblique references to some of Scomo's 'strange' friends included a QAnon follower, and much followed Twitter poster "BurnedSpy" whose wife works for Scomo and is a friend of Jenny's.

Actually that's not too strange, Scomo is a Hillsong God botherer so nothing too out of place that he'd pal up with someone of similar, if further out there, Confused interests.

And further reading reveals that the Pizza Gate/paedophile connection to the Clinton campaign was kicked off by this mob. I think Cult fits.

It got even more interesting to find it started from some dickhead on 4Chan! The internet's toilet wall.
Even better that even 4Chan banned him so he joined 8Chan! The internet's sewer pipe.

How someone bad enough to be banned from 4Chan ever got a following of extreme God botherers is a connection that still eludes me.

Fascinating stuff, bit of a summation on Wiki P
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QAnon#The_theory
07-27-2020, 12:30 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2020 12:33 AM by Warri the Wombat.)
This is an example of a QAnon approach to the law.
He has rights.

https://www.facebook.com/Therealreclaima...618431568/

Found on the Facebook page of the woman in Bunnings who was making a fuss about wearing a mask.

https://www.facebook.com/bernardette.cas...EzaEh2fPcI

07-27-2020, 10:17 AM
Let's take the hat around and buy that first bloke a one way ticket to Mississippi and see how he goes with pulling that stunt on the good ole boys with the guns over there. They're pretty impressed with those 'liberal' activists waving their rights around.

Info gleaned from the clown's video.
He has 'issues' with magistrates.
Has obsession with court related civil rights.
Has issues with cops due to them removing his kids in the past.
Seems to suffer a narcissistic sense of superiority allied with mild paranoia and just plain shitty personality disorder.

Just the type to join a 'cult' that feeds his mental needs for relevance to account for his oxygen use.

Have to feel sorry for the cops, they seem to be lacking some hard fast 'rules of engagement' with dickheads like this.

We didn''t see how it ended ??? I'd have liked to have seen them block him from driving off, and leave the bugger there as long as it took to starve him out.
But... siiigh.
I suppose there's one bright point, at least we're not married to the flea.
07-27-2020, 10:31 AM
It is staggering to think that this type of thinking is on the increase, fueled by social media.
I now know what are the signs to look for - the symbol, the slogan and the tropes.

07-27-2020, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2020 10:45 AM by Di Wundrin.)
There does appear to be links with other forms of protests around which don't make sense but are fiercely followed by their 'bleevers'. Idiots like the PETA mob spring to mind. With them it's all about animals' rights.