Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BBC in Pidgin
07-31-2020, 12:15 AM
BBC in Pidgin
And now for something quite different.

I have found a new toy - World News in Pidgin on the BBC

Link here - https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-53574144 - for full article

Quote:Dr Stella Immanuel biography: Doctor in hydroxychloroquine video wey Facebook & Twitter delete bin declare say Covid-19 pandemic na diabolic spiritual battle inside America Frontline Doctors video

Informate don dey comot about who Dr Stella Immanuel be, why she comot to tok about hydroxychloroquine and who di group wey she bin dey wit be.

Earlier, we bin report say big-big social media companies like Facebook and Twitter don comot one trending video of Dr Stella wia she tok about how she treat pipo wit hydroxychloroquine, di melecine wey World Health Organisation declare say no dey work ontop Covid-19 patients.

But BBC Pidgin don torchlight one oda video ontop YouTube wey be like di part two of press conference wey Dr Stella and some oda doctors bin show for.

English version here: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-53579773

"When your opponent is destroying himself, don't interrupt him." Napoleon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2020, 01:27 AM
RE: BBC in Pidgin
Should I be worried I don't need a translation?[Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]

That's different pidgin from PNG but kinda makes sense.

So because she's nuts about religion she's automatically wrong about her claims that HCQ has harmed no one? Or is she only wrong because ... Trump?

If she claimed that not once did the sun fail to rise since her birth and that is proof that god is driving it around the world like a Ferrari ...would she be wrong about the sun's reliability?

Wheat from chaff.

I hope she's not wrong about this....."Five years ago, she alleged that alien DNA was being used in medical treatments, and that scientists were cooking up a vaccine to prevent people from being religious. "

I hope they're still working on that![Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]
07-31-2020, 11:21 AM
Until the men in white suits throw a net over her I suppose she is free to speak out.
I just hope she doesn't have a following over here. I couldn't stand it if such nonsense were to break out in OZ.
I had enough aggravation with young earth, biblical literalists wanting to indoctrinate our children.

07-31-2020, 11:41 AM
I've been noticing some of our population drifting into fantasyland more lately.
Anti-vaxxers are rife, oddly enough in the communities who contribute least. Sydney North Shore and up around Byron Bay.

Heard some scary bible thumping oddball takes on "what God wants" too. Even an 'aliens dun it' caller who was beyond reasoning with.
The US psyche is contagious I fear.
07-31-2020, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2020 11:48 AM by Warri the Wombat.)
There is a new group surfacing now. They have been seen in Melbourne and Brisbane. They are apparently anti maskers and all carry what looks at first glance like the Red Ensign. Closer inspection show that the large star has only 6 points which makes it the original 1901 Australian civilian flag.
They seem peaceful enough. All they did in Melbourne was to gather at the Shrine of Remembrance and hold a minutes silence. They social distanced, most actually wore a mask and they moved on when told to by the police.

[Image: anti-mask.jpg]

Watch this space?

07-31-2020, 01:49 PM
That is a classic photo!! So many clues to their IQ scale compared to shoe size.
Turn up to an anti-mask protest wearing masks.

Call me a stereotyper but the outfit of the one in the black hoodie and short pants, the dopey token white guilt ridden middle class penitent in the middle, and the two at the right with the plaid shirt and 'protest' beanie and the Richmond Tigers fan grabbing a drag on a fag look to be the usual protest addicts to me. Fair dinkum, they'd turn up to protest about winning Lotto.

Here's the video coverage of possibly the lamest protest of 2020 so far.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/corona...fcfa4274c2