Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
COVID-19 in Retrospect
07-31-2020, 03:49 PM
COVID-19 in Retrospect
More from my friend in the USA:

Start quote ....

Quote:This paper from "Nature Public Health Emergency Collection" is disconcerting. I was looking for another paper when I saw this one.

Please do NOT skate the Abstract - there are several OMG areas in it - it is dated 2015

[Image: SARS-like%20cluster%20of%20circulating%2...e.png?dl=0]

To summarize. A team at University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, engineered a chimeric virus with a bat spike that would attach to the ACE2 receptor in human airway cells and replicate to a level that could cause an epidemic. They then found that it did infect humanized mice in vivo. They also state that available theraputics and vaccines did not protect the humanized mice from infection. They then synthetically derived an infections complete virus and demonstrated that it had robust replication in vivo.

Or to put it another way they built a prototype SARS-CoV-2 virus.

They did that 5 years ago.

One of the team members is Zhengli-Li Shi who is the director of the Wuhan Virology Laboratory.

This research was apparently stopped at UNC Chapel Hill when someone said "WTF are you doing??" and it appears that Fauci restarted the research at Wuhan funding it from NIH

Now how would I feel about that from a Chinese point of view?

My new shiny Biosafety Lab leaked a virus and the locals in Wuhan went into cover up mode before telling central authority. So try to clamp down and even think if we are going to be screwed we will ensure the rest of the world goes down with us.....

Then the 'rest of the world' starts pointing and saying why did you create this virus that's screwing everyone up.
The response from China is actually true - not us, we got it from the USA. It may be that the _ideas_ the IPR were from the USA.....

However, it puts a whole new light on things - especially Fauci's forecast of an epidemic in Trump's term as president.

Late note - See also Engineered bat virus stirs debate over risky research and the 2020 note on the 2015 paper
... end quote.

The truth is out there .... somewhere.

Now I’ve finished my astrology degree, who knows what the future holds?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2020, 04:40 PM
RE: COVID-19 in Retrospect
Bit's of it, problem is they're flying around like shrapnel!

First nit pick with that quoted passage is that it has been "corrected" twice! in 2016 and ..May 2020.

Then there's the Fauci 'CT exposure'. The embedded link is to Snopes.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fauci-...-outbreak/

Yes he did say that the Trump admin would face a surprise epidemic ... but the context of the quote needs to be considered before jumping to the conclusion that was a prediction or a threat.

It was said in a lecture/discussion of epidemics and the increasing occurrences of them through the last decades and was said in the manner of expectation based on mathematical data.

I'm no fan of Fauci, like most of the health gurus he's got a bit of spotlight syndrome, but fair's fair and context is everything, just as it is in understanding most of the 'lateral' utterances from Trump.

However, the claims about the experiments at the US University is hair raising. WTF? indeed!
aaannnd there was Chinese involvement (as there has been in our labs!) "One of the team members is Zhengli-Li Shi who is the director of the Wuhan Virology Laboratory." Confused

Now there's CTs, and there's coincidences and sometimes they shouldn't be excluded as "too obvious". Not all CTs are wrong.
08-03-2020, 08:46 PM
[Image: HCQ-2.jpg]

Experts Explain: The case for using hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) to treat Covid-19

Quote:HCQ is obviously not a panacea for severe cases of Covid-19. Given early, it helps reduce mortality by about half, compared to those not given HCQ. In India the drug is widely available and not expensive. A number of Indian states have already incorporated a short course of HCQ in their Covid-19 treatment protocol, and states that have not done so will do well to implement this quickly.

Co-Author: Dr Seshadri is retired Professor of medical endocrinology, Christian Medical College, Vellore and currently Director, Thirumalai Mission Hospital Ranipet. Dr John is retired Professor of Clinical Virology, CMC, Vellore and Past President of Indian Academy of Pediatrics.

08-03-2020, 08:51 PM
Weaponising diseases is not a new concept or practice. Anthrax has been worked on as a potential WMD. Creating the organism is one thing. The other requirement is to design an effective delivery system.

In the case of SARS-COV-2, the delivery system is not all that useful because it is more scatter gun than laser. It isn't much better than catapulting diseased body parts over the castle parapet.

"When your opponent is destroying himself, don't interrupt him." Napoleon
08-03-2020, 09:23 PM
New study shows:

HCQ Ineffective Against Coronavirus