Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just Weird stuff
08-18-2020, 02:22 PM
Just Weird stuff
Something really weird happened about an hour ago here.

I'd just hung up from talking to Don and heard something like a phone brrrp brrrping from over the other side of the room.

wtf is that? I thought, then a voice started jabbering away and at first it sounded like one of those scam calls from the people with Asian accents but then I realised it wasn't even close to English, it sounded like Chinese!

By the time I got the puter off my lap was halfway off the bed to see where it was coming from, it stopped.

I still have no idea whatever of where the hell it came from! It wasn't the phone, I'd picked that up to check while the voice was still there, or the TV, I muted it, or the computer. It wasn't the mobile (that I never use) it came from a different part of the room near the window.

Max, do iPads ever talk to us when they're off?? That's the only thing I can think of but as it's only about a foot away from me the voice didn't seem to be coming from that either.

If it was a gardener's phone outside I may have heard it ring but I sure wouldn't have heard a voice, and there are no gardeners here today.

It was just about a 10 to 15 second 'call' of an Asian woman saying something and no pauses, so more like an 'announcement' than a conversation... I checked a lot of possibilities in that few seconds ....
beats me.Huh

I don't think ASIO or the CCP would bother to bug the joint and why would they speak in what sounded like Chinese?? ..and bugs listen they don't talk.

Bugger, this is going to puzzle me for years if I can't find an answer.HuhConfused

:idea:How long do mobile batteries last? I thought it might have come in on the old one that I 'lost' a few years ago?? But then no ones billing me for it so it wouldn't work anyway would it?

Tell me no so I won't have to go hunting for it again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2020, 04:37 PM
RE: Just Weird stuff
hmmm, what about the modem for the interwebs?
I had something similar on my (huawei) phone a while back.
a chinese voice with a short message. just once.
No idea what that was about.
08-18-2020, 05:42 PM
Bingo??!

The modem is exactly where the voice seemed to be coming from !! But I dismissed that idea. How does that happen from a modem ? They're not rigged to talk are they?? It's Telstra's but never looked to see if it had a brand.

Wasn't game to touch it in case I pressed a button or something, hard enough getting it set up let alone risk getting it fixed.

Should I phone ASIO?? this is seriously the weirdest thing ever happened here, thanks for not writing me off as crazy, but now I'm overdosed on paranoia!! Confused

Anyone else on NBN with Teltra? anyone else hear a Chinese woman talking in their room?? ...if that's not an embarrassing question.Blush
08-18-2020, 05:46 PM
Just had another thought, before the Hu Sed Dat spoke, not long before though, the 'smart' TV turned itself off. When I fired it up again there was tiny wee logo thing popped up in the bottom corner and some dots and "loading".

Loading what??? Confused
08-18-2020, 07:35 PM
Loading tracking software?
Microsoft hack into my PC to do updates during the dead of night while it's in sleep mode.
Everything lights up, can freak me out sometimes.
08-18-2020, 07:54 PM
I wouldn't be hard to track I'm rarely more than 100 metres away and that's only to get the mail.

But why "the voice?"?? I've never had the TV shut itself down and it's been here a year so why now?
Are we gonna get one of those sci-fi movie scenes where all the TVs in the world show Chairman Xi with a mechanical eye saying "resistance is futile"??

...or "Exterminate!"?? Confused

(told ya i was having a paranoia attack)

Those 'puter updates woke me a couple of times so I just shut it right down now. I've got enough clicks and blinking lights in here already to make it look like a fish pond, I don't need the screen lighting up as well.
08-18-2020, 08:07 PM
the TV has apps/software, so it may need to update itself at some stage.
Dunno really, my tv is still old school, never really felt the need to upgrade.
08-29-2020, 11:36 PM
It happened again!! Just the voice this time, no TV reboot.

Still wasn't quick enough to check exactly which bit of kit is talking Chinese.
08-30-2020, 02:42 PM
(08-29-2020 11:36 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  It happened again!! Just the voice this time, no TV reboot.

Still wasn't quick enough to check exactly which bit of kit is talking Chinese.

Buy a Huawei phone: It will tell you. Tongue

‚ÄčTailoring the world economy around the climate cult's demands is akin to demolishing your house to avoid the risk of it catching fire one day.
09-30-2020, 10:49 PM
Now it's mobile phone disturbing the peace. It burped. A very low quiet one, but ... sounded like a discreet burp. just the one. I feel technophobia coming on.