Barnaby: populate or perish?
Barnaby Joyce goes for kid #5:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-07/mp...ge/9403988
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2018, 11:40 AM
RE: Barnaby: populate or perish?
Quote:Print Email Facebook Twitter More
Barnaby Joyce's new relationship hits front page, fellow politicians defend his right to privacy
By political correspondent Louise Yaxley

Posted about an hour ago
Barnaby Joyce wears a neutral expression with his mouth softly closed.
Photo: Barnaby Joyce's spokesperson told the ABC: "Private lives are just that: private." (ABC News: Matt Roberts)
Map: Australia

Barnaby Joyce's political colleagues and opponents have defended his right to privacy after a newspaper published a front-page story about his new relationship and forthcoming child.

The Daily Telegraph published an article today with a photo of the Deputy Prime Minister's new partner, who is pregnant.

Last month, Mr Joyce confirmed in Parliament that he had separated from his wife, but he made no other public comments about his new relationship.

"Private lives are just that: private," Mr Joyce's spokesperson told the ABC today.

Greens MP Adam Bandt this morning raised concerns about the newspaper's choice to splash the picture on its front page.

"I think this is a very dark day when women can be paparazzi snapped and spread all over the national media when they are pregnant, for no other reason than who their partner happens to be," Mr Bandt told Sky News.

"Unless it impacts on how [he] does his job or unless she chooses voluntarily to step into the public eye, it is not really anyone's business.

"I don't think it is right and if it is Barnaby Joyce's partner today, who else's will it be tomorrow?"

Mr Bandt suggested there could be a #MeToo-style campaign against the tabloids for dragging women into the public eye when they had done nothing more than have a partner who is a politician.
Telegraph journalist says story was in the public interest

On Channel Seven's Sunrise program, Daily Telegraph journalist Sharri Markson defended running the story, saying the end of Mr Joyce's marriage had affected his approach to his work.

"It is such a traumatic thing, ending a marriage," she said.

Markson argued it was in the public interest.

"I don't think there are any punters out there who are saying 'I wish I did not know this story' this morning," she said.

"[They are not thinking] 'I wish the Daily Telegraph had suppressed the information that the Deputy Prime Minister had left his wife and four daughters for his former staff member nearly 20 years his junior'."

She said journalists who missed the story or did not publish it were now arguing it was not in the public interest.

Well I wish it I hadn't heard it does that count? My interest in Barny's nocturnal gymnastics is zero.

But. It further proves that my opinion of the media in general and the gutter gossipers in particular is spot on. They're jackals.

Does this flea of a writer think that every man with a busted relationship and a pregnant girlfriend should be fired because it "must be affecting his approach to his work" ??

So is she going to keep us posted on her sexual activity and emotional attachments? According to her rules that should be mandatory shouldn't it?

So come on Sharri Markson, (why is that name familiar?), who are you on with and how often? and are you up the duff? We wouldn't want to get the wrong idea about how your hormones are affecting your writing style.

Isn't that the very thing that the women's libbers are howling about??
How unfair it is that men refer to PMT and 'moods' as being why women aren't as good as men at screwing up the world??

Yet here she is, trotting out that stupidly contradictory excuse for why it's okay for her to use the same thing to fire one at Barny.

I'm mortified that Brandt came to his support, but then he's got a vested interest in the whole 'relationship' thing so I guess that's understandable.

The media are killing their own credibility with this stuff.

I suppose reporting on him leaving his wife, even taking up with another woman may be okay to mention in passing .. but plastering her photo in the newspapers without her permission??

Wrong! She'd no doubt have published pictures of his 'poor deserted kids' too if there wasn't a law against it!

I hope Rupe sacks the silly witch.
02-08-2018, 07:54 AM
None of my business but I am wondering what will become of the farm and who has been keeping it going while he has been away in Canberra. He has four girls and a potential son on the way as well as a separated wife and a current mistress. By the time the lawyers are done I reckon there won't be any farm left to inherit by anyone.
02-08-2018, 08:16 AM
Yeah, divorce is unpleasant and nasty, it happens to many.
But..... for Barnaby to have an affair, he would have lied to and deceived his wife.
If he's OK doing that..... what's to stop this slime bag lying and deceiving the Australian public in his role as Deputy PM ?
02-08-2018, 08:50 AM
(02-08-2018 08:16 AM)terra Wrote:  Yeah, divorce is unpleasant and nasty, it happens to many.
But..... for Barnaby to have an affair, he would have lied to and deceived his wife.
If he's OK doing that..... what's to stop this slime bag lying and deceiving the Australian public in his role as Deputy PM ?

That is a very good point Terra.

I wouldn't have seen it with my own eyes if I hadn't believed it.
02-08-2018, 09:07 AM
It's been reported, let things settle as his daughters have enough to contend with without seeing what goes on in the media!

A total shame for all!

Need more coffee!Undecided
02-08-2018, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2018 09:20 AM by Di Wundrin.)
(02-08-2018 07:54 AM)Warri the Wombat Wrote:  None of my business but I am wondering what will become of the farm and who has been keeping it going while he has been away in Canberra. He has four girls and a potential son on the way as well as a separated wife and a current mistress. By the time the lawyers are done I reckon there won't be any farm left to inherit by anyone.

I think the wife and kids will be safe enough holding on to the farm.
He'd be insane to make a big deal out of contesting anything in a divorce settlement.

The new squeeze will benefit from his salary and super entitlements and they'll be worth more than the farm in the long run.

It's more likely going to be his wife going for gold than the pregnant girlfriend.

(02-08-2018 08:16 AM)terra Wrote:  Yeah, divorce is unpleasant and nasty, it happens to many.

We don't know the time frame Tezza, she may have thrown him out and he fell in with the staffer after that, or not.

But I fail to see how cheating on wives is any great surprise or that further indication was needed that Politicians are lying deceiving slime bags by nature. Whether they're lying to us or their wives makes little difference really. Rolleyes
02-08-2018, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2018 09:42 AM by terra.)
I have no sympathy for Barnabys girlfriend being thrust into the public eye.

She is a former journalist and deputy chief of staff at The Daily Telegraph and I'm sure that over the years doing her "newshound" job at the Telegraph, she did exactly the same to others if it were deemed to be "newsworthy".

So....... do unto others ! Big GrinTongueCool
02-08-2018, 10:14 AM
Is it too soon to mention Bob, Hazel and Blanche?
02-08-2018, 10:36 AM
And Cheryl 'Bonk the bastards' Kernot? John Hewson walked out on his pregnant wife on Xmas eve didn't he?